If you are interested in developing the skills to become a certified mindfulness meditation teacher, join Senior Buddhist teacher, David Nichtern, in conjunction with Tibet House US for our new 100 hour Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training online program.
This immersion will help you gain a more complete understanding of meditation and an overview of the stages of the Buddhist path. The training is aimed at those who wish to become more skillful in presenting mindfulness and anyone seeking to integrate teaching meditation into their existing modalities – such as therapists, social workers, yoga teachers, health care professionals, educators, coaches. The training is also open to those who simply wish to deepen their own practice and study.
During the training level weekends, there will be lecture and discussion, group practice, and teaching exercises. Additional individual practice and study requirements are as follows:
FREE INFO SESSIONS
- Wed. May. 5th 6-7:30pm EST
- Wed. May 19th 6-7:30pm EST
A Tibet House Certificate of Completion will be given to students who complete all requirements, make a satisfactory teaching presentation, and pass a written final/oral exam on the material covered.
Select graduates will be invited to teach meditation and lead groups on location and online for the mindfulness meditation program at Tibet House.
- FULL COURSE OVERVIEW
REGISTER HERE FOR THE FULL SUMMER COURSE
Price for full course $1650
Special Early Bird Pricing | Ends May 19th – $1,400.00
- Level 1 – Intro to Mindfulness & The Path of Meditation / June 2-10, 2021
- REGISTER FOR LEVEL 1
- Price for full course $325
Special Early Bird Pricing | Ends May 19th – $275
- Module A: Wed. June 2nd 6-9pm EST
- Module B: Thur. June 3rd 6-9pm EST
- Module C: Wed. June 9th 6-9pm EST
- Module D: Thur. June 10th 6-9pm EST
- Level 2 – Guiding Groups / June 30 – July 8, 2021
- Module A: Wed. June 30th 6-9pm EST
- Module B: Thur. July 1st 6-9pm EST
- Module C: Wed. July 7th 6-9pm EST
- Module D: Thur. July 8th 6-9pm EST
- Level 3 – Mentoring Individuals / August 4 – 12, 2021
- Module A: Wed. August 4th 6-9pm EST
- Module B: Thur. August 5th 6-9pm EST
- Module C: Wed. August 11th 6-9pm EST
- Module D: Thur. August 12th 6-9pm EST
- Level 4 – Sealing The Practice / September 8 – 16, 2021
- Module A: Wed. Sept. 8th 6-9pm EST
- Module B: Thur. Sept. 9th 6-9pm EST
- Module C: Wed. Sept. 15th 6-9pm EST
- Module D: Thur. Sept. 16th 6-9pm EST
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Students will be required to practice mindfulness meditation for a minimum of 20 minutes per day, at least 5 days a week for the duration of the program.
- 3 Three-Hour group sitting sessions
- 2 Two-Hour self-organized group practice teaching sessions
- One 30min. 1:1 Mentoring Session with an assistant director
- Final Written & Oral Exams
- Full live participation in all 4 Levels
- Required Readings:
- The Wisdom of No Escape – Pema Chodron
- Awakening From the Daydream – David Nichtern
- The manuals associated with the levels
- PARTICIPANTS WILL
- Learn the foundations of Buddhist philosophy and practice.
- Have the opportunity to lead mock teaching sessions in one-to-one and group settings, receiving constructive feedback from teachers and other trainees.
- Learn how to relate clearly and precisely to the most frequently asked questions and difficulties from beginning students.
- Build a supportive learning community with your fellow classmates.
- Develop greater presence, balance, clarity, and insight by strengthening and stabilizing your own meditation practice.
- Level 1 – Intro to Mindfulness & The Path of Meditation
- June 2nd-10th, 2021
- Wednesdays & Thursdays 6-9pm EST
- In this introductory weekend program geared for brand new beginners as well as for those looking to refresh their existing practice, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of meditation practice.
- Learn 4 foundational meditation practices: Mindfulness, Awareness, Contemplation, Loving Kindness.
- Understand and experience the benefits of meditation.
- Learn how to develop a personal meditation practice.
- Get an overview of the Buddhist path and stages of practice.
- Move toward helping others with their meditation practice and personal journey.
- REGISTER HERE
- David Nichtern is a senior Buddhist teacher who has been practicing and teaching meditation for over 40 years. He was one of the initial American students of renowned meditation master Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and studied closely with him soon after his arrival in the United States in 1970. He is also a business consultant with companies creating a variety of offerings integrating meditation in a larger health and well-being context – including Goldman Sachs, Journey Meditation, True Nature Meditation (Tokyo), Balanced Athlete, The Center for Health & Healing, Om Births, and Kobre & Kim law firm among others.
- He has been featured in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Buddhist Geeks podcast, Duncan Trussell Family Hour Podcast and many others. David is the author of the critically acclaimed Awakening From the Daydream: Reimagining The Buddha’s Wheel of Life and his recently released Creativity, Spirituality & Making a Buck. He mentors individual students both in person and online, and leads meditation teacher training programs around the world.
- David is also a multiple Grammy-nominated and Emmy award-winning musician. He has recorded and played with Stevie Wonder, Christopher Guest, Jerry Garcia, Lana Del Rey, Maria Muldaur, Paul Simon and many others. Among his many credits in records, film and TV, David wrote the classic song “Midnight at the Oasis” and has produced multiple records for and periodically tours with Grammy nominated kirtan artist Krishna Das. For more info check out www.davidnichtern.com and facebook.com/davidnichtern