- An introduction to the view and the benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
- How to identify common misconceptions & obstacles
- Clear instructions of the technique that will be broken down into 3 simple steps
- Guided practice session led by the instructor
- Interactive group discussion periods
- Guidelines for establishing a sustainable meditation practice
- Guidance for integrating mindfulness with your everyday life
David Nichtern is a senior Buddhist teacher who has been practicing and teaching meditation for over 40 years. He was one of the initial American students of renowned meditation master Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and studied closely with him soon after his arrival in the United States in 1970. He is also a business consultant with companies creating a variety of offerings integrating meditation in a larger health and well-being context – including Goldman Sachs, Journey Meditation, True Nature Meditation (Tokyo), Balanced Athlete, The Center for Health & Healing, Om Births, and Kobre & Kim law firm among others.
He has been featured in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Buddhist Geeks podcast, Duncan Trussell Family Hour Podcast and many others. David is the author of the critically acclaimed Awakening From the Daydream: Reimagining The Buddha’s Wheel of Life and his recently released Creativity, Spirituality & Making a Buck. He mentors individual students both in person and online, and leads meditation teacher training programs around the world.
David is also a multiple Grammy-nominated and Emmy award-winning musician. He has recorded and played with Stevie Wonder, Christopher Guest, Jerry Garcia, Lana Del Rey, Maria Muldaur, Paul Simon and many others. Among his many credits in records, film and TV, David wrote the classic song “Midnight at the Oasis” and has produced multiple records for and periodically tours with Grammy nominated kirtan artist Krishna Das. For more info check out www.davidnichtern.com and facebook.com/davidnichtern