INTRO TO MINDFULNESS & THE PATH OF MEDITATION
An online weekend workshop with renowned Buddhist teacher David Nichtern open to anyone interested in developing or deepening their meditation practice.
MEDITATION CAN BE A LIFE-CHANGING PRACTICE.
This weekend workshop serves as a comprehensive introduction to the foundational Buddhist meditation practices.
The program is geared for those who are new to meditation as well as those looking to refresh their existing practice. Develop and strengthen your practice to cultivate insight and clarity, strength and resilience, and kindness and compassion.
BY JOINING THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
- Learn the foundations of Buddhist philosophy and practice
- Learn how to relate clearly and precisely to the most frequently asked questions and difficulties from beginning students
- Build a supportive learning community with your fellow classmates.
- Develop greater presence, balance, clarity, and insight by strengthening and stabilizing your own meditation practice
- Receive a workbook of all the practices that will be introduced during this program, as well as recordings of the sessions
This program also serves as the required first level of the 100-hour Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training. Participants in the 100-hour program must attend the September or October Level 1 session.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
This program is led by renowned Buddhist teacher & CEO of Dharma Moon, David Nichtern, who brings over 40 years of meditation experience and expertise. David is a senior teacher in the lineage of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche. This tradition combines a contemporary, secular approach to meditation with the ancient practices and philosophies of Tibetan Buddhism.
David is also a four-time Emmy winner and two-time Grammy nominee, and a successful entrepreneur. He is the author of Awakening From The Daydream; Re-imaging The Buddha’s Wheel of Life, and Creativity, Spirituality, and Making A Buck on Wisdom Publications.
We are here to help! If you have questions about the training, Dharma Moon, or financial arrangements, feel free to email us at [email protected].