About this Event
June 2nd-10th, 2021
Early Bird Price | Ends on May 19, 2021
Wednesdays & Thursdays 6-9pm EST
Level 1 – Intro to Mindfulness & The Path of Meditation / June 2-10, 2021
- Module A: Wed. June 2nd 6-9pm EST
- Module B: Thur. June 3rd 6-9pm EST
- Module C: Wed. June 9th 6-9pm EST
- Module D: Thur. June 10th 6-9pm EST
In this introductory weekend program geared for brand new beginners as well as for those looking to refresh their existing practice, you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of meditation practice.
- Learn 4 foundational meditation practices: Mindfulness, Awareness, Contemplation, Loving Kindness.
- Understand and experience the benefits of meditation.
- Learn how to develop a personal meditation practice.
- Get an overview of the Buddhist path and stages of practice.
- Move toward helping others with their meditation practice and personal journey.
David Nichtern is a senior Buddhist teacher who has been practicing and teaching meditation for over 40 years. He was one of the initial American students of renowned meditation master Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and studied closely with him soon after his arrival in the United States in 1970. He is also a business consultant with companies creating a variety of offerings integrating meditation in a larger health and well-being context – including Goldman Sachs, Journey Meditation, True Nature Meditation (Tokyo), Balanced Athlete, The Center for Health & Healing, Om Births, and Kobre & Kim law firm among others.
He has been featured in The New York Times, The Huffington Post, Buddhist Geeks podcast, Duncan Trussell Family Hour Podcast and many others. David is the author of the critically acclaimed Awakening From the Daydream: Reimagining The Buddha’s Wheel of Life and his recently released Creativity, Spirituality & Making a Buck. He mentors individual students both in person and online, and leads meditation teacher training programs around the world.
David is also a multiple Grammy-nominated and Emmy award-winning musician. He has recorded and played with Stevie Wonder, Christopher Guest, Jerry Garcia, Lana Del Rey, Maria Muldaur, Paul Simon and many others. Among his many credits in records, film and TV, David wrote the classic song “Midnight at the Oasis” and has produced multiple records for and periodically tours with Grammy nominated kirtan artist Krishna Das. For more info check out www.davidnichtern.com and facebook.com/davidnichtern