- This event has passed.
Sand Mandala Construction – Monks from Tashi Kyil Monastery, India | 10:30AM-4:30PM
October 28-31; 10:30AM-4:30PM- Sand Mandala Construction
Witness the step-by-step creation of a traditional Sand Mandala, an ancient art form of Tibetan Buddhism. Team of 6 monks from Tashi Kyil monastery in India will construct Peace Sand Mandala. Admission to witness Sand Mandala construction is free but donation is appreciated as the proceeds will go to benefit the education of monks of Tashi Kyil Monastery in India.
- – Sunday, October 28; 10:30AM: Opening Ceremony
– October 28-31; 10:30AM-4:30PM- Monks will continue to build Sand Mandala
- – Wednesday, October 31:
• 10:30AM-2PM: Monks will finish constructing the Mandala
• 3-4:30PM: Closing – Dismantling of Sand Mandala.
- During the Closing Ceremony, the monks dismantle the mandala, sweeping up the colored sands to symbolize the impermanence of all that exists. Half of the sand may be distributed to the audience in small bags as blessings for personal health and healing.
Wednesday, October 31; 7-9PM: Introduction to Tibetan Monastic Meditation by Ven. Lobsang Namgyal.
Free Admission to witness Sand Mandala construction but you have to register to attend talk by Ven. Lobsang Namgyal on October 31; 7-9PM
click here to register to attend Ven. Lobbying Namgyal’s talk on October 31; 7-9PM